Yarn Bouquet is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Yarn Bouquet may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 30th January 2019
This policy provides an explanation as to what happens to any personal data that you share with us, or that we collect from you either directly via this Website or via email.
What we collect
We may collect the following information via cookies (see further below), when placing orders, or when you sign up to our newsletter:
- Name and contact information including email address.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- Information that you provide by filling forms on our website, such as when you register to receive information such as a newsletter or contact us via the contact us page.
- Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblog statistics and other communication data.
- Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason.
- Information provided to us when you place an order for a digital item.
- Information provided to us when you place an order for a physical item.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided via our newsletter form.
- We may contact you to provide updates to any orders placed with us.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. For example, but not limited to, remembering the products you added to your basket.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
For more information on cookies you can read the guidance at All About Cookies.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, if you do not wish to share information please leave the box blank. Some forms do require certain minimum information for us to be able to provide the service requested.
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information to contact you via our newsletter, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of one of the emails.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to any third parties, with or without your permission. I despise when other companies do this to me and refuse to act that way. The only exception is when we are required to do so by the authorities, and when handing a parcel over to the Royal Mail with your postal address written on the front.
Access to information
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to email@example.com.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.